Team Atlanta will be fielding teams in all 13 sports in the 2019 JCC Maccabi Games, including, the NEW to Maccabi sport, Ultimate Frisbee aka”Ultimate”!
Ultimate Frisbee “Ultimate” is a 16 & Under tournament and will be Co-ed for its first Games appearance!
Although this is the first year that the Games are hosting an Ultimate tournament, Ultimate has been on the rise in Atlanta and Team ATL hopes to have a strong presence.
Tryouts for TEAM ATL’s Co-Ed 16U Ultimate Frisbee (12-16 years old)
- Jan. 13 | 10am – 1pm Fields 1&2 MJCCA
The JCC Maccabi Games Ultimate tournament is being talked about in a variety of cities were Ultimate is a “hot” sport such as Baltimore, East Bay and even our own backyard – Atlanta, home of the Atlanta Hustle and the Flying Disc Club.
We on the Games Staff think Ultimate is an amazing sport, but don’t just take our word for it – check out some of these historic plays and top reasons on why you should play Ultimate!
Top Reasons to Play Ultimate
- It’s a mix of all the greatest sports! (Soccer- cutting and defensive strategy, Track & Field – sprinting and jumping, Football – play calling and Frisbee movement, Basketball – Blocking and defense man to man)
- It can be played for recreation or competitively. There are different levels for everyone that is interested!
- It keeps you active and in shape. The games are fast paced, but easy to pick up and is a total adrenaline pump!
- It’s simply fun and exciting! Never a dull moment on the field 🙂
**REMINDER ** Team ATL is currently recruiting for all athletes with Team tryouts & Individual Sport Evaluations coming up December 5th – December 16th, January 6th & January 13th.
All Athletes are encourage to try out for more than one sport!
Questions?? Please contact our Local Delegation Coordinator Andrei Sujka via email or his direct line at 678-812-4032.