A big part of the JCC Maccabi Games is a requirement to fulfill Community Service. All Athletes and coaches are asked to participate and/or volunteer in one of our community service programs.
Below are a few options for you. Please go ahead register for one (or more) of these and let you coach know when you have fulfilled this requirement.
Note that coaches may follow up and try and get teams or groups to participate in the events together. We encourage families to get involved. These events are supporting the programs and people who support our Games.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Please visit our Parent Information Page for more about The Maccabi Games
Options with instructions on where to click and which selections to choose.
1. J-Serve: Sunday, April 14th || 1-5pm || Marcus JCC
J-Serve is an International Day of Jewish Youth Service. Teens across the globe come together once a year to make a difference in their community and the world a better place.
Project placement is on a first-come, first-served basis. View all projects and descriptions here. Additional projects may be added. Registration will close April 8.
Register here: J-Serve
2. Autism Speaks Walk: Sunday, April 28th || 9:30-12:00 || Atlantic Station
3. Harris Jacobs Dream Run: Sunday, May 5th || 6:45-10am || Marcus JCC
- Course volunteers needed to cheer people on and to make sure everyone is following the course!
- Logistics the morning of the event – directing people to the start line, restrooms, registration
- Packet pickup and t-shirt distribution
If any of the team would like to run, we are happy to offer a $15 registration fee for each! We need the kids to be here by 6:45 am.
Register to run here: Harris Jacobs Dream Run
Volunteer Sign-Up here: Volunteer- HJDR
4. Piedmont Park Clean-up: Sunday June 16th || Time TBD || Piedmont Park
5. Passover Seder serving 100 adults with disabilities and their caretakers at Congregation Shearith Israel. This will take place around Passover this year. Each guest has a complete seder plate and partakes in the full Passover experience and meal. For some, it is their only seder.
Please let your coaches know if you would like to participate in any of these. We will update this list as new opportunities come in.
If you participate in any other community service, please reach out to Daniel Tache via email or phone @ 678-812-4033 to confirm your community service.