A big part of the JCC Maccabi Games is a requirement to fulfill Community Service. All Athletes and coaches are asked to participate and/or volunteer in one of our community service programs.
Below are a few options for you. Please go ahead register for one (or more) of these and let you coach know when you have fulfilled this requirement.
Note that coaches may follow up and try and get teams or groups to participate in the events together. We encourage families to get involved. These events are supporting the programs and people who support our Games.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Please visit our Parent Information Page for more about The Maccabi Games
Options with instructions on where to click and which selections to choose.
1. Daffodil Dash: Sunday, March 31st || 8am || Brook Run Park Dunwoody
Please click register and join this team. It will ask you to fill out your personal information and ask you to select an event. The next page will bring you to the waiver, please accept and continue.
Register here: Daffodil Dash
2. J-Serve: Sunday, April 14th || 1-5pm || Marcus JCC
J-Serve is an International Day of Jewish Youth Service. Teens across the globe come together once a year to make a difference in their community and the world a better place.
Project placement is on a first-come, first-served basis. View all projects and descriptions here. Additional projects may be added. Registration will close April 8.
Register here: J-Serve
3. Autism Speaks Walk: Sunday, April 28th || 9:30-12:00 || Atlantic Station
4. Harris Jacobs Dream Run: Sunday, May 5th || 8am || Marcus JCC
Register here: Harris Jacobs Dream Run
5. Piedmont Park Clean-up: Sunday June 16th || Time TBD || Piedmont Park
6. Passover Seder serving 100 adults with disabilities and their caretakers at Congregation Shearith Israel. This will take place around Passover this year. Each guest has a complete seder plate and partakes in the full Passover experience and meal. For some, it is their only seder.
Please let your coaches know if you would like to participate in any of these. We will update this list as new opportunities come in.
If you participate in any other community service, please let me know or if you have any questions, please reach out to Andrei at 678-812-4032.